Swedish Personal Identity Number

A Swedish personal identity number can only be obtained if you have a residence permit valid in Sweden for 12 months or longer. EU citizens need to prove they will be in Sweden for more than 365 days.

Apply for one
You apply for the Swedish Personal Identity Number through the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) once you arrive in Sweden.

Adress to Skatteverket
Barnarpsgatan 62, Jönköping (Near campus).

Inform Us
If you have received a Swedish personal identity number, you need to inform the university since that information does not reach us automatically. Your temporary ID number (T-number) should be replaced if you have a Swedish Personal Number. Please visit the Service Center and bring your JU-card and the decision from Skatteverket (or an ID-card with the Swedish personal number on it).