Degree projects and quality improvement projects
There are two types of studies that are generally not considered as research and that require special treatment.
- The first is degree projects.
- The second is quality improvement projects in health care and social welfare.
Such studies may, however, be intended for publication in the form of a scientific article. The scientific journal may then require that the study be preceded by ethical vetting. If so, an advisory opinion is required.
How to apply:
- Complete the "Form for Self-Assessment of Ethical Issues in Degree Projects" review". Applications concerning degree projects and clinical placement quality improvement projects are to be made in the supervisor’s name, with the student as a co-applicant.
- Enclose a research plan and other relevant attachments (for example interview guide, questionnaire, description of experiments, etc.).
- Sign the application, scan it and e-mail it together with your appendixes to the secretary of the Research Ethics Committee, email@example.com.
The application must reach the committee no later than 11 working days before the meeting at which the application is meant to be considered. Late or incomplete applications will be processed at the subsequent meeting. Observe that the application has to be submitted before the study starts.
If no additional information is needed, the committee should be able to deliver an opinion to the applicant no later than 14 days after the application was considered.
Content updated 2019-08-07